Thursday 11 July 2013

Flower Pot Handmade Card

Hello beauties,

Nothing says you care like a handmade card. And I have been trying to make my own hand-crafted cards over the past year. I haven't been able to share my ideas with everyone till today, but my baby turned one last month, and I fortunately have had some time for myself lately.

Stamping, punching, die-cut, distress ink, card stock, scoring, embossing, etc are techniques I have zero knowledge about and it is near damn impossible to find these tools out here. So, I start all my projects from scratch, cut them out by hand using a pair of scissors and stick them all with fevicol.

My second anniversary is coming up in 10 days and I want to make a card which I would love to share with all of you step by step. Just thought I'd share a couple of my past projects with you first.

Flower Pot Slide Out Card


I made this card for my first anniversary. It looks like a pretty little flower pot, the flowers slide out to reveal an inlay card with a hand written message (which I had to sensor). The embellishments are simple glitter, a golden ribbon and a few sequins used as flower centers.

The flowers and leaves are cut out by hand and embellished with glitter. Only the center of the flower is stuck to the card and petals lifted upwards, giving it a slight 3D effect.
Let me know how you all like the card in the comments section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment