Thursday 25 July 2013

Three Heart Easel Card

Helllooooo People,
It's been a busy couple of weeks on my side; and the card-making process was slow, and painful, yet steady and fruitful. So two weeks ago, I hit the craft store and got myself some beautiful coloured card stock that had brilliant textures on it. Couldn't make up my mind on which colours I would settle for, nor had any embellishment ideas. Absolutely clueless, I picked up 6 large sheets and a few craft supplies.


Then for days, I browsed through blogs, card making tutorials, pinterest, etc., and I still hadn't decided on what I would want to make. Then I just rested for a few days to let the inspiration flow in... and I waited and I waited till I could wait no more! Then I started putting the card together and the puzzle pieces slowly became clearer. This is the final outcome...





This is by far the most complicated and time consuming card I have made. Next time, I might just make something simple. Phew! 

All three hearts of the card fold down flat (not entirely flat because of the flowers), with the biggest heart landing on top. After being opened, this card can be placed as a trophy plaque on any flat surface. The smallest heart then folds down to reveal the message on the heart behind it. The medium sized heart folds down over the smaller heart to reveal the banner behind it. 






The card is embellished with simple flowers, butterflies, and a birdhouse with two lovebirds - which I found perfect for an anniversary theme. I set it in the colour theme of dark blue and sea blue which seemed fitting for the male on the receiving end. The textured paper was impossible to write on, so, I completed the message with a glass liner (hence the shakiness). 

Everything on this card is cut out by hand (except the tiny flowers in the centre of the large ones). If any of you want to try your hand on making something creative, don't hold back. 

Please let me know how you like my work in the comments section below.

2 comments:

  1. Your triple heart is awesome and love your style of writing.Just a suggestion ..for bright colored projects use a white background and natural daylight to photograph it..your project will look even more beautiful !!
    Thank you so much for the sweet comment on my blog
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Doc, will keep in mind for next time...!

      Delete