Thursday 11 July 2013

Tiered Cake Handmade Card

Hello Friends,
I am posting pictures of another handmade card I made for my husband for his birthday last November. Needless to say, he absolutely loved it.



This is a 4 tiered cake card with a handmade rose embellishment on top. The materials used are only thick textured paper, scissors, glue and a small flower punch. The top 2 tiers of the card slide out completely to reveal a hand written message. 

I was absolutely elated that the end results came out just like I had in mind. Even though I was absolutely clueless on the measurements, the card assembled really well in the end. I did want to embellish the card a little more, but given the colours I got my hands on, going minimal seemed like the best approach.

Do let me know how you liked the card in the comments section below.

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous..love the red shimmery rose..perfection!!
    Thank you so much for the sweet comment on my blog
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sooo much Doc... This means a lot coming from you... Lots of love...

      Delete
  2. Very pretty! I like the flower on the top of the cake! Thanks for joining us this week at Crafty Creations!
    Tracey F., DT Crafty Creations Challenges

    ReplyDelete